Our focus remains the same – train Chilean pastors and plant local churches! How does that look day to day in Chile? Well, here’s a glimpse into some of our plans for the next few months.
- Charter service for Omega Baptist Church Feb. 2 – This young church plant is now autonomous and will hold it’s charter service on Feb. 2nd to officially become an organized, independent Baptist church!
- Teen Camp Feb. 3-7 – David Gardner will be our main speaker as we gather young people from all the churches for a week of preaching, training, and fun!
- Chile Baptist College starts up again on March 3rd. This will mark our 5th year of training Christian leaders for the ministry.
- Latin Bridge Retreat March 27-29 – This event focuses on training and encouraging missionaries from around Latin America. Austin Gardner and Jeff Bush will be joining us in Santiago, Chile to teach and preach to more than a dozen church planting missionaries.
- Multiply Conference April 11-12 – This conference (in Spanish) is geared towards encouraging our churches to focus on multiplying other Christians and churches through discipleship and church planting!
- Semana Santa (“Holy week” or as Americans commonly call it, “Easter”) April 18-20 – All of our churches will host evangelistic outreaches during these days. In our Catholic culture, this holiday offer us a great open door to share the gospel.
- Pastor’s Retreat May 19-20 – Miguel Murillo will be our guest speaker at a Chilean pastors’ retreat in Santiago, Chile.
Lori and I are also serving in a small church plant in Santiago each week. Lori is playing the piano and working in children’s ministries. I’m preaching their mid-week services. Also each week on Sunday afternoons, after our morning services in Santiago, I’m traveling out to preach at our two coastal churches at 5:00 pm at Vision Baptist and 7:00 pm at Good News Baptist.
Keep praying God will be honored through it all! We are thrilled to have a small part in His work. Thanks for giving faithfully to make this work possible.