Often I hear friends in the ministry “pray for revival”. As long as I can remember, men of God have pleaded with Him to send revival.
Think about these questions:
- What does it mean to pray for revival?
- What would revival look like if your prayers were answered?
- What would be an example of a New Testament revival?
- Would a revival in the book of Acts look more like missionary work?
- Could we call a return to Great Commission work (Matt. 28:18-20, Mark 16:15, Acts 1:8) a New Testament revival?
- Could we call anything outside of Great Commission work a New Testament revival?
- Should George Whitefield and Jonathan Edwards form our primary ministry model? or should Jesus and Paul fill that role?
Maybe we need to think of “revival” more in the terms of evangelizing the lost, discipling new Christians, planting new churches, and training men for the ministry. It seems like that is what our New Testament heroes of the faith did!
What are you praying for?
Leave your thoughts and comments in the space below. I would love to hear from you.