What a year! As I reflect on what God has done this year, I’m utterly humbled by His goodness and incredibly thankful for the opportunity to serve Him. We’ve seen God do some pretty amazing things in Chile in 2008. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Finish paying off the land for the church – over $120,000! The only explanation for this is GOD!
- We hosted the medical group from Ohio and had over 300 saved in 4 days – that’s definitely a record!!
- Our weekly attendance increased over 60% this year. I am so thankful for the teamwork of all the GREAT people God has allowed us to work with in Chile!
- Ivan Chacon is branching out to a new work – more on that in another post within the next few days. God willing, this will be the first of many new church plants that will be born out of our church!
- Our summer camp this year was a spiritual catalyst in the lives of dozens of young believers.
- On one of our special Children’s Sundays we had over 165 kids in attendance!!! That’s remarkable! I want that to be the norm soon!!
- Pastor Austin Gardner ‘knocked it out of the park’ in our Annual Youth Congress! This was definitely one of my favorite moments.
- Another missionary joined the team in Chile – Chris McBryar!
“Thank you Lord for what you did in ’08. Now, I ask you to give us a double portion in ’09!”
Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before.